Monday, June 4, 2007

New Store, New Blog, and New Goodies!

Both starting a new business and creating a new blog are like getting into a new romantic relationship...you invest a lot of time, energy, and heart into making sure everything looks as perfect as possible while trying to build something you hope will be great. All the while, you have no clue if the person (or in this case, people) are even noticing all your efforts! LOL

Well, at least I'M happy with the present look of things for SPIRIT...so far. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found a great, 2 story building just two doors down from Bossa Nova (waves to my neighbor Moire Georgette), and right beside the awesome Hairapy. This is truly a find after having lost two previous shops due to mall shutdowns. And with so much space and a 200 prim allotment to play with in this new location, I have been VERY happy indeed this week! Even if it did take me a full day to find it and three days just to get the interior decorating completed. ;)

All right, so enough with the intro and on to the goodies. I honestly thought with my many years of previous experience and formal training in dance that I would be a bit biased in my designs. But apparently my secret (well, not so secret NOW) yen to be a pro cheerleader has helped keep things relatively balanced at SPIRIT. To date, I've got...
- three ballerina costumes (one is a replica of the finale performance costume worn by the heroine in the dance movie Center Stage, one is a traditional Sleeping Beauty Ballet costume, and the other is a traditional emerald and gold design),
- one pair of hip hop dance sneakers with actual prim laces and grommets,
- a dance duffle bag with 3D prim rhinestone lettering on the side,
- a ballet charm bracelet and a separate ballet necklace and earring set,
- and a nice and tidy bun hairstyle with sideswept bangs called Graceful I, which is available in 16 different shades and is sold in packs of 4 shades.

That's upstairs.

Downstairs in the cheer section, I have...
- my version of the old-style Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform (changed a bit here and there to adhere to copyrighted design laws, of course) sold with flexi poms that actually move when you do,
- a replica of the Torros team uniform worn in the classic cheer movie Bring It On,
- a pair of cheer sneakers (again, with real prim laces and grommets, no faking anything with textures here!),
- a pink and black sleeveless polo style tank top perfect for all those hot summer cheer practices,
- a cheer varsity jacket available in 5 colors,
- a new cheer duffle bag with 3D prim rhinestone lettering on the side,
- and a lusciously thick and curly prim ponytail hairstyle called Spirited I, which is a very scaled down version of the much adored Winsome style from Naughty Designs (if these two hairstyles were worn in the real world, the Spirited I would weigh about 10 pounds less...yes, it's less glamorous, but it's also more practical for those 3-4 hour game day performances!). The Spirited I is available in 16 shades, sold in packs of 4, and comes with the option of a free custom fitting (upon request, just IM me if you can't get it to fit correctly) with yours truly to make sure your hair fits you perfectly.

And what have I been working on most recently, you ask? Well, apart from all the redecorating, new log design, this new blog, and the creation of custom furnishings for the SPIRIT store's lounge area, I have been working on...
- a flexi ponytail for those of you who prefer a little swish with your cheer and dance moves,
- I just finished making 12 pair of ballet pointe shoes with criss-crossing ribbons up the calves that finish in flexi prim bows (and yes, the ends of the bow ties swish and sway when you do, lol), which will become available as soon as I can get the vendors finished, possibly within the next day or two,
- I'm adding flexi prim skirt options to the Bring It On Torros uniform,
- and I'm working on a huge freebie uniform pack that will include a long-sleeved and no-sleeved crop top, dance pants, briefs/shorts, A-line non-flexi skirt, flexi skirt, and a pair of SPIRIT flip flops perfect for giving your tired feet a rest after practice while you shop, lounge on the beach, etc.!

Look for new product photos and freebie availability updates coming soon!

No comments: